Pattern fills are accessed from the Swatches panel, Window > Swatches. There’s only one pattern in the Swatches panel when you first open Illustrator, but don’t let that fool you. The Swatch Libraries menu is at the bottom of the Swatches panel.
How do I add patterns to Illustrator library?
The easiest way to add a pattern is to create a rectangle, fill it with the pattern, then drag the rectangle to the Libraries panel. It will load as “artwork” but it will contain the pattern.
How do I create a pattern in Illustrator?
Create your own pattern swatch in 5 easy steps with Illustrator
- Arrange vector elements into a square. Go to View > Show Grid. …
- Position your elements. …
- Create an “invisible box” …
- Drag it into the swatches panel. …
- Voila + save.
How do I add patterns to my library?
The easiest way to add them to a new document is to hold down the Alt key when you drag them from the library and place them in a new document. The pattern(s) automatically get added to your swatches panel.
Whats is a pattern?
A pattern is a regularity in the world, in human-made design, or in abstract ideas. As such, the elements of a pattern repeat in a predictable manner. A geometric pattern is a kind of pattern formed of geometric shapes and typically repeated like a wallpaper design. Any of the senses may directly observe patterns.
How do I save a pattern in Adobe library?
Name your pattern collection and Select > Save to save them. You can save your swatches to another file location by simply setting up a new folder in a design folder or project folder and saving it there instead of the default save location.
How do I use a downloaded pattern in Illustrator?
- Go to Window > Swatch Libraries > Other Library.
- Locate the Illustrator pattern swatch file ending in . ai or . ase, then click open.
- Your swatches will show up as a separate Swatch Panel.
- Alternately, you can open the . AI file as a normal Illustrator file.