Select the shapes you want to combine, Go to: Window → Pathfinder ( Command/Ctrl + Shift + F9 ) and use Merge option from pathfinder. Illustrator has no method to remove overlapping paths which I’m aware of.
Can you merge paths in Illustrator?
You create multiple paths when drawing a shape or object in Illustrator. These paths can be modified or moved after creation. When you’re satisfied with the placement and shape of a path, you can merge it with another path to create a single, unbroken line.
How do you get rid of overlapping shapes in Illustrator?
There are a lot of methods to do that in Illustrator.
- Use the Path Eraser Tool after selecting your path and Click+Drag on the part you need to delete.
- Use the Scissors Tool and click to cut your path [click on the path] then delete.
How do you merge non overlapping paths in Illustrator?
- Select the Green.
- Add a matching color 0.5pt stroke to everything (a green stroke)
- Object > Expand (so the strokes become overlapping shapes)
- Pathfinder > Merge.
How do you combine paths?
- Click on one of your paths in the paths palette. Copy it (Edit>Copy or Cmd / Ctrl + C ).
- Then click on another path in the paths palette and paste the first path into it (Edit>Paste or Cmd / Ctrl + V ).
- Both your paths will be on the same path.
- Continue until all of your paths are in the same path.
How do you select overlapping in Illustrator?
Illustrator CS5 offers a new, simplified way to select an object that is behind, or underneath, another object. Just hold down command (Mac) or ctrl (Windows) and click repeatedly on the top object until the object behind is selected.
What is the shortcut key for JOIN command?
you can simply: select the lines to be joined. hit Ctrl+shift+p.