How do I make multiple lines in one shape in Illustrator?
- Select the Selection tool ( ) in the Tools panel. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join. …
- Choose Object > Path > Join once more.
- Choose Select > Deselect to see the closed path.
- Choose View > Preview.
- Click the joined path to select it and press the letter D to apply the default black 1 pt stroke and white fill.
How do you join 3 lines in Illustrator?
The easiest way to select the overlapping anchor points is draw a marquee around them with the Direct Selection Tool . There are shortcuts for the Join command. You can either right-click on the selected anchor points and choose Join , or use the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl-J .
How do you turn a line into a shape in Illustrator?
Convert Lines to Shapes in Illustrator
- Draw your line and give it a stroke of about 40px. 40px Stroked Line.
- Go to Object > Path > Outline Stroke. Outline Stroke.
- Go to Effect > Stylize > Round Corners… and set 20px radius.
How do you draw a double line?
To Draw Double Line Segments
- Click Draw menu Double Line.
- Specify the start point (1).
- Specify the endpoint (2).
- Continue specifying points as needed. If you want to remove the previously specified point, enter U or -u at the Command prompt.
- To connect the start point with the endpoint, enter cL (Close).
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
Using the Smooth Tool
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.
How do you select an open path within grouped objects?
Click one of the straight paths with the Selection tool and then Shift-click the other straight paths. Choose Object > Group to group all the straight paths together into a single group. Click any path in the original group and then Shift-click any path in the second group to select both groups at the same time.
What is the shortcut key for JOIN command?
you can simply: select the lines to be joined. hit Ctrl+shift+p.
Can you offset lines in Illustrator?
Go to “Object”=>”Path”=>”Offset Path”. An Offset Path options box should pop up. Select the “preview” check box in the bottom left so you can view the path as you edit the options. The “Offset” field determines how much the path will offset.