Select the area you want to fill. To fill an entire layer, select the layer in the Layers panel. Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer. Or to fill a path, select the path, and choose Fill Path from the Paths panel menu.
How do I fill a shape with a photo in Photoshop?
How To Fill A Shape With A Photo
- Step 1: Create A New Document. Let’s start by creating a new document. …
- Step 2: Select The Custom Shape Tool. …
- Step 3: Set The Tool Mode To “Shape” …
- Step 4: Set The Shape Color To Black. …
- Step 5: Load The Custom Shapes. …
- Step 6: Choose A Custom Shape. …
- Step 7: Draw The Shape. …
- Step 8: Move The Shape Into The Center.
How do you edit a rectangle in Photoshop?
Edit rounded rectangles
- Open the edit-rounded-rectangles. …
- Select the Rectangle Tool from the toolbar on the left side of your workspace. …
- Once you finish drawing your rectangle, notice that the Properties panel automatically opens. …
- In the Properties panel, you can change the stroke and fill of your shape.
How do I change the fill color of a rectangle in Photoshop?
To change a shape’s color, double-click the color thumbnail on the left in the shape layer or click the Set Color box on the Options bar across the top of the Document window.
Where is the fill tool in Photoshop?
The fill tool is located in your Photoshop toolbar on the side of your screen. At first glance, it looks like an image of a bucket of paint. You’ll need to click on the paint bucket icon to activate the fill tool.
How do I fill a shape with a picture?
Crop to fit or fill a shape
You can have a picture as the fill for a shape. Just click the shape to which you want to add a picture, then under DRAWING TOOLS, on the FORMAT tab, click Shape Styles > Shape Fill > Picture, and select the picture that you want.
How do I make a rectangle without fill in Photoshop?
Go to Edit>Stroke (outline) selection and choose a color and width for the stroke. There is no fill, ever. Do NOT use the rectangle shape tool down near the bottom of the toolbox.
How do you edit a shape?
- Click the shape that you want to change. To select multiple shapes, press and hold CTRL while you click the shapes. …
- Under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Insert Shapes group, click Edit Shape . …
- Point to Change Shape, and then click the shape that you want.
What is the shortcut to fill color in Photoshop?
The Fill Command in Photoshop
- Option + Delete (Mac) | Alt + Backspace (Win) fills with the foreground color.
- Command + Delete (Mac) | Control + Backspace (Win) fills with the background color.
- Note: these shortcuts work with several types of layers including Type and Shape layers.
What is Ctrl +J in Photoshop?
Using Ctrl + Click on a layer without a mask will select the non-transparent pixels in that layer. Ctrl + J (New Layer Via Copy) — Can be used to duplicate the active layer into a new layer. If a selection is made, this command will only copy the selected area into the new layer.
What is the fill tool?
The Fill Tool is used to pour large areas of paint on to the Canvas that expand until they find a border they cannot flow over. If you want to create large areas of solid color, gradients, or patterns the Fill Tool is the tool to use.
What is the shortcut to fill a selection in Photoshop?
To fill a Photoshop layer or selected area with the foreground color, use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Backspace in Windows or Option+Delete on a Mac.