Where is the crop tool in Photoshop?
Open the Photoshop app on your Mac computer or PC. 2. Click the Crop tool in the Tools Palette on the left side of the screen — it looks like two right angles overlapping — or press the keyboard shortcut, C. You should see the crop box appear over your image.
Why can’t I crop my image in Photoshop?
Reset only the crop tool by right-clicking the tool and then selecting “Reset Tool.” If you’re using a Mac, press “Control” and click, and select “Reset Tool.” You can then adjust the tool to your personal settings once again and crop an image as you normally would.
How do I crop a custom image?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do I crop a picture into a circle?
Crop an image to a shape, such as a circle
- Use Insert > Picture to add the image to an Office file (such as a Word document, PowerPoint presentation, or an Outlook email message).
- Click the picture. …
- Click Picture Tools > Format, and in the Size group, click the arrow under Crop.
How do I crop a picture to a specific size?
To do this, check the box marked ‘Expand from center’ above the ‘Fixed’ label in the tool options, and then make your selection by clicking on the point you want centered. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click on Image > Crop to selection. Save your cropped image.
What is Ctrl +J in Photoshop?
Using Ctrl + Click on a layer without a mask will select the non-transparent pixels in that layer. Ctrl + J (New Layer Via Copy) — Can be used to duplicate the active layer into a new layer. If a selection is made, this command will only copy the selected area into the new layer.
What is the crop tool?
The Crop Tool is used to crop or clip an image. It works on all the layers of the image, visible and invisible. This tool is often used to remove borders, or to eliminate unwanted areas to provide you with a more focused working area. … To validate cropping, click inside the crop rectangle or press the Enter key.
How do I adjust an image in Photoshop?
Change the size of an image
- Choose Image > Image Size.
- Measure width and height in pixels for images you plan to use online or in inches (or centimeters) for images to print. Keep the link icon highlighted to preserve proportions. …
- Select Resample to change the number of pixels in the image. …
- Click OK.
Why is crop grayed out in Photoshop?
1 Correct Answer
The crop tool in the toolbox is different from the crop command in the image menu. … have draw out the crop with the crop tool, but not have commited the crop. The crop tool in the toolbox is different from the crop command in the image menu.
How do I crop an image without losing quality?
To crop an image to a specified location, select the Crop tool in Photoshop located on your Tools palette. It is important to keep the resolution of your image so there is no loss in file information. To keep the resolution while cropping the image, click on the Image pull-down menu and select Image Size.
How do I crop a picture without losing quality?
To resize an image with Gimp, simply open your image in the application. Go to Image, then Scale, where you can input your desired dimensions. Finally, under the Quality, choose Sinc as Interpolation and then click Scale. There you have it, an image resize with sustained quality.
How do you freehand crop a photo?
To Freehand Crop:
- Open your image in the Photo Editor.
- Click on the Freehand Crop Button.
- Click around your image to set points (See example below).
- Connect your last point to your first by clicking on the first point or double clicking the mouse.
- Click apply and save when your done.