Can a gradient follow a path?
In any version you may turn the gradient into a Blend and make an Art Brush out of it, then apply it to the path (a 1pt Stroke will give you the width of the Art Brush). In the newest versions, you can just apply a gradient to the Stroke (which will need to have the desired Stroke Weight itself).
How do you fill a gradient path?
To fill a path with a gradient, select the path and then click a gradient in the Swatches palette. The object fills with a gradient that probably doesn’t look a thing like what you want — but that’s okay. By using the Gradient tool and the Gradient palette, you can tweak this gradient to your heart’s content.
How do you use mesh gradient in Illustrator?
How to Use the Gradient Mesh Tool in Adobe Illustrator
- Select the object, then go to Object > Create Gradient Mesh .
- Set the number of Rows and Columns . …
- The grid has anchor points at the ends and intersections of the grid lines. …
- Select the Gradient Mesh Tool and make sure that Fill is active. …
- Continue selecting different grid points and applying color.
What does Ctrl H do in Illustrator?
|Hide Edges||⌘ + H||Ctrl + H|
|Hide Artboards||⇧ + ⌘ + H||⇧ + Ctrl + H|
|Show Template||⇧ + ⌘ + W||⇧ + Ctrl + W|
|Show Rulers||⌘ + R||Ctrl + R|
What is a freeform gradient?
A new feature in the latest version of Adobe Illustrator CC, Freeform Gradient, makes it easy to create complex, multicolored gradients to transform your illustrations. … To apply gradients with points, select Points in the Gradient panel, and then double-click a color stop to open the color swatch and apply a new color.
How do you get a gradient to follow a shape?
- In the Gradient panel build a gradient with the colors you want.
- With the Pen Tool, draw a path that more or less follows the middle of the crescent shape.
- Apply the gradient to the stroke of the drawn path, set to go along the path.
- Set stroke width wide enough to cover widest part of crescent.
- Send path to back.