With the Crop tool selected, choose Ratio from the Aspect Ratio/Crop Size drop-down menu in the Options bar and enter values to constrain the crop to a specific aspect ratio. Choose W x H x Resolution from the Aspect Ratio/Crop Size drop-down menu to enter specific values and crop to a specific image dimension.
How do I lock crop ratio in Photoshop?
As you’re resizing the crop border, you can lock the aspect ratio by holding down your Shift key as you drag a corner handle. Shift + drag a corner handle to lock the aspect ratio.
How do I fix the crop tool in Photoshop?
To restore the Crop tool’s default settings, go to the Options Bar, put your cursor on the Tool Icon and right-click (for windows), or Control-click (for Mac). Now you will have 2 options: “Reset Tool” & “Reset All Tools”. If you click on the Reset Tool, it will allow you to Reset the Crop Tool only.
How do I crop a specific area in Photoshop?
To make a crop selection, hold down the left mouse button and drag a rectangle across the image.
- With the pointer inside the selection, double-click your mouse.
- With the pointer outside the selection, right-click the mouse and select Crop.
- Open the Image menu and select Crop.
What is the shortcut key for crop tool?
|Crop||shift+x||Crop active image or selection|
|Duplicate||shift+d||Duplicate active image or selection|
|Scale||e||Scale image or selection|
|Zoom>In||+ or ↑||Make image larger|
What is Ctrl +J in Photoshop?
Using Ctrl + Click on a layer without a mask will select the non-transparent pixels in that layer. Ctrl + J (New Layer Via Copy) — Can be used to duplicate the active layer into a new layer. If a selection is made, this command will only copy the selected area into the new layer.
What is the crop tool?
The Crop Tool is used to crop or clip an image. It works on all the layers of the image, visible and invisible. This tool is often used to remove borders, or to eliminate unwanted areas to provide you with a more focused working area. … To validate cropping, click inside the crop rectangle or press the Enter key.
How do I crop with Lasso tool?
Position your cursor along the outer edge of the object in the image that you want to crop. Click and hold down the left mouse button. Slowly drag your cursor along the edges to crop. The Magnetic Lasso Tool “sticks” to the edges as you drag.
How do you crop in Photoshop 2020?
Follow these steps:
- From the toolbar, select the Crop Tool ( ). Crop borders display on the edges of the photo.
- In the Options bar, select Content-Aware. …
- Using the handles around the image, straighten or rotate it. …
- When you are satisfied with the results, click in the Options bar to commit the crop operation.
Where is the crop tool in Photoshop?
Open the Photoshop app on your Mac computer or PC. 2. Click the Crop tool in the Tools Palette on the left side of the screen — it looks like two right angles overlapping — or press the keyboard shortcut, C. You should see the crop box appear over your image.
How do you straighten a photo?
Open Fotor, click “Edit a Photo”, and upload the photo you wish to edit. Choose to rotate or flip the photo to the way you desire. To correct an angle in a photo, move the slider to adjust the angle by dragging the straighten button. Choose a format for your photo and save it.
How do I crop a custom image?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do you crop an uneven image?
How to Crop an Image to an Irregular Shape
- Open the image file in your image editor. …
- Double-click on the background layer in the Layers Palette and rename the layer. …
- Use the Lasso Tool to outline the irregular shape that you wish to crop. …
- Open the Image menu and select the “Crop” option.
How do I crop a picture to a specific size?
To do this, check the box marked ‘Expand from center’ above the ‘Fixed’ label in the tool options, and then make your selection by clicking on the point you want centered. In the menu bar at the top of your screen, click on Image > Crop to selection. Save your cropped image.