You can simply select all objects you want to send to Substance Painter (SP) then export them to a single fbx . Be sure to tick the box “Selected objects” in the fbx export dialog. Then use that fbx with SP.
Can you import multiple objects in substance painter?
it is possible but I would not recommend it thou because its easily going messy. click on Export. Now your Subtools will each have their own TextureSets. Export the fbx file.
How do you make a 3d model for a substance painter?
9 Tips for Preparing 3d Model for Substance Painter
- Creating Good UV’s. Good UV’s are essential when using Substance Painter. …
- Painting Your Model to Identify Materials. …
- Create a Low and High Poly Version. …
- Have Good Topology. …
- Always Export Using Fbx. …
- Triangulate Your Mesh. …
- Use Good Naming Conventions for Each Part. …
- Ensure Rotation is Correct.
How do you import a 3d object into substance painter?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
- Create a new Substance Painter project by clicking File > New.
- In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh.
- Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
- In the New project window, click OK.
Are substance painters free?
The free license will last for a year (but is renewable), and it has to be used on a personal computer for personal use (for which teaching doesn’t count). For all categories of user, there’s also a trial option. It lets anyone use the software free of charge for 30 days from activation.
What is a texture set?
A “texture set” is the full set of textures for a material, as you’ve listed above. For example, diffuse, specular, roughness, metalness, etc. = 1 texture set. If you download a PBR material from a site like CC0 Textures, what you get is 1 texture “set.”
How do you group a substance painter?
Right-click > Group Layers. Pressing Ctrl+G or Command+G.
Can you model in substance painter?
What is Substance Painter? Think of Substance Painter as a Photoshop for 3D models. You can paint your models by hand and combine them with procedural tools for edge wear.
How does a substance painter work?
Allegorithmic’s Substance Painter is an incredibly powerful 3D painting tool. … The main purpose of Substance Painter is to texture models. Its advanced masking and procedural texturing tools allow you to make textures that are much harder to achieve in purely 2D programs like Photoshop.