How do I change the resolution of a substance painter?
Resolution. A the top of the window is the size parameter which controls the channels resolution in pixels inside a Texture Set. To change the resolution simply click on the dropdown : To use non-square resolutions (for example 2048×1024) disable the lock button between the two dropdowns.
How do you change a parent size Substance Designer?
The Parent Size is set through the Parent Size Toolbar in the Graph View. Enable the toolbar, then change the size with the dropdown.
How do I increase the viewport resolution of a substance painter?
By default Substance Painter downscale the viewport resolution on High-DPI/Retina screen to improve performances. This behavior can be changed in the main settings by changing the Viewport Scaling parameter.
How can I make my substance painter faster?
How to Optimise Your Substance Painter Project
- It’s highly recommended that you have a low-poly and a high-poly version of your mesh, so you’ll have less or none issues during the baking process;
- Usually is a good idea creating a separate file for each low-poly and high-poly version to apply the naming convention for a proper baking operation;
How do you expose parameters in substance design?
Find the parameter you want to expose in the Properties Window, under the Specific Parameters tab. Click the Function/Expose button ( ). Choose Expose from the drop down list, the second option. The Expose Parameter Dialog appears, suggesting a default name.
Where is display settings in substance painter?
- Getting Started.
- Interface. Main Menu. Sliders. Settings. Project Configuration. Toolbars. Properties. Viewport. Texture Set. Layer Stack. History. Shelf. Display Settings. Environment Settings. Camera Settings. Viewport Settings. Shader Settings. Miscellaneous.
- Technical Support.
- Pipeline and Integration.
- Scripting and Development.
Where is viewer settings substance painter?
It’s the little screen icon in the toolbar on the right of the screen.
How do you change the shader on a substance painter?
Update a Shader via the Shader Window
- 1 – Open the Shader Settings window. The Shader settings window is available on the right by default in the Dock toolbar.
- 2 – Click on the shader button and select the updated shader. …
- 3 – Shader is updated.
Why is my substance painter file so big?
In general, the biggest culprit and reason why a project take so much space on the disk is because the baked Mesh Maps are many and big themselves. To reduce the Mesh Maps size they are a few things that can be done : Use a lower baking resolution.
Is substance painter good for baking?
Substance Painter generates Mesh Maps by baking mesh information. They can be used to give more information related to the mesh geometry and enhance the look of materials. Many filters and materials adapt to the geometry of a 3D mesh by looking at these baked textures.
How do you bake in a substance painter?
To learn more about baking take a look at the Baking Documentation. The baking window can be accessed via the Texture Set Settings. Click on the button named “Bake Mesh Maps” to open the baking window of the current project.