How do I make an animated GIF smaller?
To reduce the file size, just choose a palette of a few colors and stick to them. You’ll get the best results if you only use 2-3 colors. Remember, bright and intense shades of color take up more space, so try using a few neutral colors and maybe a bright one.
How do I reduce the KB of a GIF?
Our online GIF optimizer is a tool that allows you to reduce the file size of your animated GIF. Just upload an animation, select optimization method, then press the “Optimize” button to perform the conversion.
What is the typical file size of a GIF?
PNG images are the least common, making up only 14.4% of all images. JPG images contribute the most to page size, even though they make up less than one third of the images. Average image size per format: JPG: 11.8 KB, PNG: 4.4 KB, GIF: 2.4 KB. There are 42.8 images per Web page on average.
How do I compress a large GIF?
Compress your GIF online
How do reduce file size?
You can experiment with the available compression options to find the one that best suits your needs.
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
How do you make a file smaller?
One way to make files smaller without editing them is to use the built-in Windows compression feature. Many files — particularly those that contain text — are ideal candidates for compression. When you learn to compress large files, you also save valuable hard drive space since compressed files consume less.
Is GIF smaller than JPEG?
GIF is not ideal for modern photography, nor image storage. At small sizes with very limited color tables, GIF images can be smaller than JPG files. But at most ordinary sizes, JPG compression will create a smaller image.
How do you change the size of a GIF?
How to resize an animated GIF online?
- Click the Browse… button to select the GIF.
- In the Resize GIF section, enter its new dimensions in the Width and Height fields. To change the GIF proportion, unselect the Lock ratio option.
- Click the Save GIF button to download the resized GIF.
How do I compress video files?
6 Easy Ways to Compress Video Files for E-mail
- Create a zip file. The most common way to compress a video is to convert it into a zip file. …
- Make a video shorter and smaller with iMovie on Mac. …
- Download a video in a lower quality. …
- Use a cloud service. …
- Share a video link without uploading. …
- Make a GIF.
How do you optimize a GIF?
Multiple ways to optimized GIF file size and performance
- Cropping and resizing the GIF. Before you start experimenting with anything more sophisticated, you should consider resizing and/or cropping the image to minimum required dimensions. …
- Getting rid of unnecessary parts of animation timeline. …
- Reducing the frame rate.