There isn’t a hard-and-fast rule on the maximum size of a GIF in email, but the higher the file size, the longer it will take to load. Aiming for under 200kb is a good rule of thumb.
What is a good size for a GIF?
Follow our best practices for making GIFs to optimize your GIFs on GIPHY! Uploads are limited to 15 seconds, although we recommend no more than 6 seconds. Uploads are limited to 100MB, although we recommend 8MB or less. Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p.
How do I reduce the size of a GIF for email?
Litmus recommends four smart tactics for reducing the size of your GIF:
- Remove frames. Keep the animation simple and focused, just like the rest of your email.
- Animate only part of the picture. The image doesn’t need to change in every frame. …
- Crop. …
- Reduce colors.
How do I optimize a GIF for email?
Focus on file size optimization throughout the GIF creation process
- Stick to simpler (AKA faster) transitions. …
- Use illustrations over photos when possible. …
- Overlay colors to limit the color palette in photographs. …
- When turning a video into a GIF, import every other frame to a layer. …
- Delete duplicate frames.
How do you size a GIF?
How to resize an animated GIF online?
- Click the Browse… button to select the GIF.
- In the Resize GIF section, enter its new dimensions in the Width and Height fields. To change the GIF proportion, unselect the Lock ratio option.
- Click the Save GIF button to download the resized GIF.
Why is my GIF so large?
Why Animated GIFs Take So Much Space
The difference can sometimes become huge, a 10-second video clip in MP4 format might be 2MB, but the same video in GIF format can take up more than 20MB. … GIFs use a lossless compression algorithm, so no information is lost by compressing the pixel data.
How do I make the perfect GIF?
How to make a GIF from a YouTube video
- Go to GIPHY.com and click Create.
- Add the web address of the video you’d like to make into a GIF.
- Find the part of the video you’d like to capture, and choose the length. …
- Optional step: decorate your GIF. …
- Optional step: add hashtags to your GIF. …
- Upload your GIF to GIPHY.
Should you email with GIFs?
The answer is: yes…and no. GIF support has expanded across email clients in the last few years. In fact, even some versions of Outlook now support animated GIFs in email. Unfortunately, older versions of the platform (Office 2007-2013, specifically) do not support GIFs and instead, only show the first frame.
How do I make a GIF smaller in size?
What to Know
- Crop extra space around the image to reduce its pixel dimensions. When you prepare the GIF, reduce its output dimensions.
- Reduce the number of colors in the image. For animated GIFs, reduce the number of frames.
- Avoid dithering and interlacing.
How do I make a GIF smaller?
One way to make a GIF smaller is to reduce its color count. You can also decrease a GIF’s file size by reducing the image dimensions. Before uploading a large GIF to your business website or blog, make it as small as possible using a free GIF-shrinking service.
How do you put a GIF in an email?
How to insert an animated GIF in an email
- Copy the GIF’s link. Once you have found the GIF you’re looking for, your first impulse may be to right click and save to your computer. …
- Open your email account. …
- Maneuver to the “Insert Photo” section. …
- Paste the image address. …
- Click “Insert” …
- Play with your GIF.
How do I send an animated GIF in Outlook?
You can enable animated GIFs in Outlook by doing one of the following:
- In Outlook for Office 365 before version 2008, select File > Options > Advanced. In the Display section, check the box to Play animated GIFs.
- If you have Outlook for Office 365, version 2008 or higher, use Windows 10 to enable animated GIFs.
How do I make a GIF smaller without losing quality?
Here’s an overview:
- Start with the right type of image. GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. …
- Reduce the number of colors. The fewer colors you use, the smaller the file size. …
- Choose a color-reduction palette. …
- Reduce the amount of dithering. …
- Add lossy compression.
How do you Upscale a GIF?
How to Change the Resolution of a GIF File
- Click the Start menu at the bottiom of your screen, and select “All Programs.”
- Click “Accessories” and select “Paint.”
- Select the File menu, click “Open,” and click on the GIF image to be resized.
- Click “Image,” select “Attributes,” and enter the new resolution of the image by Width and Height.
How do I convert GIF to mp4?
How to convert GIF to MP4
- Upload gif-file(s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to mp4” Choose mp4 or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
- Download your mp4.