If you use Photoshop, create a GIF file by using the Export As menu item. Select File > Export As. When the menu opens, select GIF as the file format and reduce the physical dimensions (width and height) of the image.
How do I reduce the size of a GIF in Photoshop?
Here’s an overview:
- Start with the right type of image. GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. …
- Reduce the number of colors. The fewer colors you use, the smaller the file size. …
- Choose a color-reduction palette. …
- Reduce the amount of dithering. …
- Add lossy compression.
How do I make a GIF smaller?
One way to make a GIF smaller is to reduce its color count. You can also decrease a GIF’s file size by reducing the image dimensions. Before uploading a large GIF to your business website or blog, make it as small as possible using a free GIF-shrinking service.
How do I compress a large GIF?
Compress your GIF online
How do you save a good quality GIF in Photoshop?
Go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy)…
- Select GIF 128 Dithered from the Preset menu.
- Select 256 from the Colors menu.
- If you are using the GIF online or want to limit the file size of the animation, change Width and Height fields in the Image Size options.
- Select Forever from the Looping Options menu.
Can you resize a GIF?
Upload a GIF that you want to resize from your iPhone, Android, PC, or tablet. … Select an aspect ratio or choose your preferred width and height and cropping style to make the GIF smaller or bigger. For more customization, you can add a background and change the color.
How do I make my file size smaller?
You can experiment with the available compression options to find the one that best suits your needs.
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
What is a good size for a GIF file?
Uploads are limited to 100MB, although we recommend 8MB or less. Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p. Keep in mind media will appear mostly on small screens or smaller messaging windows.
How do I reduce the size of a GIF in after effects?
Just click ‘Reduce the file size of this GIF,’ give it a setting (I reduced mine to 32 colors), and click ‘Optimize Now. ‘ It tells you how much it reduced the file size by (down to 780 KB in my case), and lets you download the new GIF. So, there you go: Three ways to make your own GIFs from After Effects.
How do you optimize a GIF?
Multiple ways to optimized GIF file size and performance
- Cropping and resizing the GIF. Before you start experimenting with anything more sophisticated, you should consider resizing and/or cropping the image to minimum required dimensions. …
- Getting rid of unnecessary parts of animation timeline. …
- Reducing the frame rate.
How do I make a GIF from photos?
Let’s get started!
- Create a new file folder. …
- Open your files in Photoshop. …
- Arrange the layer files in Photoshop. …
- Create frames in the Animation Palette. …
- Change the duration of each frame. …
- Set the number of times that the GIF will play. …
- Save the GIF. …
- Test the GIF.
What is dither in Photoshop GIF?
Dithering is the most common means of reducing the color range of images down to the 256 (or fewer) colors seen in 8-bit GIF images. Dithering is the process of juxtaposing pixels of two colors to create the illusion that a third color is present.