To reduce the file size, just choose a palette of a few colors and stick to them. You’ll get the best results if you only use 2-3 colors. Remember, bright and intense shades of color take up more space, so try using a few neutral colors and maybe a bright one.
How do I reduce the size of a GIF without losing quality?
Here’s an overview:
- Start with the right type of image. GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format. …
- Reduce the number of colors. The fewer colors you use, the smaller the file size. …
- Choose a color-reduction palette. …
- Reduce the amount of dithering. …
- Add lossy compression.
How do I reduce GIF file size?
GIF compressor optimizes GIFs using Gifsicle and Lossy GIF encoder, which implements lossy LZW compression. It can reduce the animated GIF file size by 30%—50% at the cost of some dithering/noise. You can adjust the compression level with a simple slider to get the best result for your use case.
What is a good size for a GIF file?
Uploads are limited to 100MB, although we recommend 8MB or less. Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p. Keep in mind media will appear mostly on small screens or smaller messaging windows.
What is a typical file size for a GIF?
Average image size per format: JPG: 11.8 KB, PNG: 4.4 KB, GIF: 2.4 KB. There are 42.8 images per Web page on average. Images contribute to 61.3% of the download size of a Web page on average.
How do you change the size of a GIF?
How to resize GIFs online
- Upload your GIF. Upload a GIF that you want to resize from your iPhone, Android, PC, or tablet. …
- Select a new size. Select an aspect ratio or choose your preferred width and height and cropping style to make the GIF smaller or bigger. …
- Export and share!
How do reduce file size?
You can experiment with the available compression options to find the one that best suits your needs.
- From the file menu, select “Reduce File Size”.
- Change the picture quality to one of the available options besides “High Fidelity”.
- Choose which images you want to apply the compression to and click “Ok”.
What size should a GIF be for email?
Keep in mind your subscribers may be viewing your email on a mobile device. If your animated GIF is too large in size, it’ll take too long to fully load and your subscriber won’t even get to see your full animation. It’s a good idea to keep the file size as close to 1MB as possible. Under is perfect.
Why is my GIF so large?
Why Animated GIFs Take So Much Space
The difference can sometimes become huge, a 10-second video clip in MP4 format might be 2MB, but the same video in GIF format can take up more than 20MB. … GIFs use a lossless compression algorithm, so no information is lost by compressing the pixel data.
How do I make the perfect GIF?
How to make a GIF from a YouTube video
- Go to GIPHY.com and click Create.
- Add the web address of the video you’d like to make into a GIF.
- Find the part of the video you’d like to capture, and choose the length. …
- Optional step: decorate your GIF. …
- Optional step: add hashtags to your GIF. …
- Upload your GIF to GIPHY.
How do I make a high resolution GIF?
Here’s how you can create a top-quality GIF file from any video, for free & online: Upload your video to the Kapwing Studio.
- Step 1: Upload your video to the Kapwing Studio & trim. …
- Step 2: Increase output size & quality. …
- Step 3: Export as a GIF.
Why do GIFs have bad quality?
Most GIFs look small and low resolution, like the one above. It’s hard to make a series of moving images about the same file size as just one static image, like a JPEG. And since they get shared so often, the same video gets compressed and looks worse each time it gets saved and re-uploaded.