GIF compressor optimizes GIFs using Gifsicle and Lossy GIF encoder, which implements lossy LZW compression. It can reduce the animated GIF file size by 30%—50% at the cost of some dithering/noise. You can adjust the compression level with a simple slider to get the best result for your use case.
How do I change the resolution of a GIF?
How to Change the Resolution of a GIF File
- Click the Start menu at the bottiom of your screen, and select “All Programs.”
- Click “Accessories” and select “Paint.”
- Select the File menu, click “Open,” and click on the GIF image to be resized.
- Click “Image,” select “Attributes,” and enter the new resolution of the image by Width and Height.
How do I make an animated GIF smaller?
To make your GIF as efficient as possible:
- Crop any extra space around the image. …
- When you prepare a GIF image, reduce the output dimensions. …
- Reduce the number of colors in the image. …
- Reduce the number of frames in the image for animated GIFs. …
- If you use Photoshop, create a GIF file by using the Export As menu item.
How can I improve the quality of a GIF?
How to Improve the Quality of a GIF File
- Load the images you want to use onto your computer, saving them all to a single folder. …
- Open the program you are using (such as Photoshop or GIMP) to compile your animation. …
- Adjust the output settings for the GIF animation. …
- Choose the number of colors you want for you animation.
Is GIF high resolution?
The GIF file format has a hard-coded limitation of 256 colors, so when you save or convert as GIF, it has an unavoidable loss of quality to the photo. If you want to save it in high quality, we recommend saving an image in video format.
How do I make a GIF smaller without losing quality?
To reduce the file size, just choose a palette of a few colors and stick to them. You’ll get the best results if you only use 2-3 colors. Remember, bright and intense shades of color take up more space, so try using a few neutral colors and maybe a bright one.
How do I resize a GIF without losing quality?
ResizeImage.net. ResizeImage.net is a no-nonsense online tool that helps you resize all types of images. The tool will accept GIF files of up to 30MB in size and 10MP in resolution. The tool lets you crop images, rotate images and also resize the image by specifying quality and aspect ratio.
Why are GIFs so low quality?
Most GIFs look small and low resolution, like the one above. It’s hard to make a series of moving images about the same file size as just one static image, like a JPEG. And since they get shared so often, the same video gets compressed and looks worse each time it gets saved and re-uploaded.
How do you make an animated GIF?
How to Make an Animated GIF in Photoshop [Tutorial]
- Upload your images to Photoshop.
- Open up the Timeline window.
- In the Timeline window, click “Create Frame Animation.”
- Create a new layer for each new frame.
- Open the same menu icon on the right, and choose “Make Frames From Layers.”
How do you make a GIF for free?
4 free online tools for creating GIFs
- 1) Toonator. Toonator allows you to easily draw and bring animated images to life. …
- 2) imgflip. My favorite of the 4 listed here, imgflip takes your ready-made images and animates them. …
- 3) GIFMaker. …
- 4) Make a GIF.
What resolution should a GIF be?
Source video resolution should be 720p max, but we recommend you keep it at 480p. Keep in mind media will appear mostly on small screens or smaller messaging windows.
Where can I get high quality GIF?
GIFs that keep on giffing: 9 places to find the best GIFs
- Reaction GIFs.
How do I make a high resolution GIF in Photoshop?
Go to File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy)…
- Select GIF 128 Dithered from the Preset menu.
- Select 256 from the Colors menu.
- If you are using the GIF online or want to limit the file size of the animation, change Width and Height fields in the Image Size options.
- Select Forever from the Looping Options menu.