The answer is: yes…and no. GIF support has expanded across email clients in the last few years. In fact, even some versions of Outlook now support animated GIFs in email. Unfortunately, older versions of the platform (Office 2007-2013, specifically) do not support GIFs and instead, only show the first frame.
How do you put a GIF in an email?
Follow these three simple steps:
- Select Insert in your inbox.
- Choose Online Pictures and select a GIF.
- Once you get it, select and click Insert from the bottom of your email dashboard.
How do you insert a GIF into an Outlook email?
Insert an animated GIF image in an outgoing email in Outlook
- In the Mail view, create a new email with clicking Home > New E-mail.
- In the new Message window, please place the cursor in the message body where you will insert the animated GIF image, and click Insert > Pictures.
Can I send GIFs in Gmail?
Gmail makes it easy to insert a GIF directly into the body of an email. The quickest method is to simply drag and drop the GIF from your desktop into the compose window. You can also click the camera icon to add the GIF inline with your message.
Do GIFs in emails go to spam?
Will using GIFs send my emails straight to the SPAM folder? Quick answer: Probably not. SPAM filters are always changing and adapting, and often it takes multiple things “scoring” to reach a threshold that would then mark an email as SPAM.
How do I embed a GIF?
Add Giphy GIFs to your Website
- Head to the Giphy GIF and search for the GIF you’d like to embed.
- Click the Share button at the bottom of the GIF and select iFrame Embed.
- Copy the iFrame embed code using the CMD+C (on Mac) or CTRL+C (on Windows) shortcut.
- Head to the PageCloud page you’d like to embed the GIF on.
How do I copy and paste a GIF?
STEP 1: Go to the webpage that is displaying the animated gif you want. STEP 4: Take right click in any empty area and select Paste. Instead of right click, you can also use CTRL+V to do the paste operation. STEP 5: Now the whole animated gif (along with animation, of course!) has been saved in your computer.
Do GIFs play in outlook?
You can enable animated GIFs in Outlook by doing one of the following: In Outlook for Office 365 before version 2008, select File > Options > Advanced. In the Display section, check the box to Play animated GIFs. If you have Outlook for Office 365, version 2008 or higher, use Windows 10 to enable animated GIFs.
How do I save an animated GIF?
Save animated GIFs to your computer
- Right click on the animated GIF that you want to download.
- Select ‘Save Image As’.
- Select the location where you want to save your image, keeping the file format as . gif.
- Click ‘Save’.
How do I embed a GIF in Outlook 2010?
Simply insert it with Insert>Picture in an HTML-formatted message. You will not see the animation in Outlook but if your recipients use a mail client that allows the animation, they’ll see it.
How do I insert a GIF into Gmail app?
How to Add a GIF in Gmail
- Open your Gmail and compose a new email.
- When you are at the point in your email where you would like to insert a GIF, click on the “insert photo” icon on the bottom of the email to the right of the “send” and “attach file” buttons.
How do I use Giphy in Gmail?
Installing the extension puts Giphy’s colorful icon right beside the formatting options button in Gmail. Clicking it will bring up a small box of GIFs, which you can filter by category, browse hashtags, or search through. Click on a GIF, and you’re set — it’s in your email.
How do you send a GIF in Gmail on iPhone?
Use emojis & GIFs
- On your iPhone or iPad, open any app that you can write with, such as Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Tap the Emoji icon. . From here, you can: Insert emojis: Tap one or more emojis. Insert a GIF: Tap GIF. Then choose the GIF you want.
- Tap Send .
What size should a GIF be for email?
Keep in mind your subscribers may be viewing your email on a mobile device. If your animated GIF is too large in size, it’ll take too long to fully load and your subscriber won’t even get to see your full animation. It’s a good idea to keep the file size as close to 1MB as possible. Under is perfect.
What can GIFs be used for?
A GIF is a lossless format for image files that supports both animated and static images. It was the standard for 8-bit colour images on the internet until PNG became a viable alternative. You may have seen them used often in email signatures. Animated GIFs are several images or frames combined into a single file.
How do I optimize a GIF?
- Why Animated GIFs Take So Much Space. …
- Little Known Tips to Compress Animated GIFs in Seconds. …
- Reduce the number of colors. …
- Get creative with simple shapes. …
- Cover up your photos. …
- Use smooth gradients. …
- Reduce the number of frames. …
- Avoid useless animation.